These zucchini boats are healthy, low carb and delicious!
· 3 zucchinis
· Cooking spray
· 3/4 lb. chicken breast cut into cubes
· 1 Tbsp olive oil
· 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
· 1/4 tsp garlic powder
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
· 3/4 cup pasta sauce
· 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
· 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. To prepare the zucchini, cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then use a spoon or melon baller to scoop the centre flesh and seeds from the zucchini. Repeat for the remaining zucchini.
3. Place the zucchini in a baking dish or cookie sheet cut-side up and lightly coat with cooking spray. Place in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes until the zucchini cooks slightly and becomes tender.
4. Meanwhile, to prepare the chicken, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken along with the seasoning, salt and pepper.
5. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Add the pasta sauce and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Scoop the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Top the chicken with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Return the zucchini boats to the oven for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
7. Sprinkle with fresh basil and parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (2 boats)
Calories 284Calories | Total Fat 12g18% | Total Carbohydrates 10g | Dietary Fiber 2g8% |Sugars 7g | Protein 32g